No Thanks Bloomberg

CAUTION! There may be political talk and discussion on this section of the Telegraph Forum!
The expression of a viewpoint is not an attack. Lively debate and standing up for one's right is also part of the Cowboy Way.
We will still show respect and restrain from personal attacks on this Forum and the same General Forum rules are in affect here. Personal attacks are subject to immediate removal, in the opinion of the Moderators, without notice.
Thank You & Enjoy,
CFDA Management
Cap Gunn
Seasoned
Sanctioned Club: Keystone Gunslingers
Location: Old Northwest Territories (Michigan) via "Western" Pennsylvania

No Thanks Bloomberg

Post by Cap Gunn » April 27th, 2013, 4:52 pm

This billionaire thinks he knows what's best for me...I don't think so!

From NRA:

According to New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the recent terror bombings in Boston require a new interpretation of the Constitution to give the government greater power to protect citizens.

"The people who are worried about privacy have a legitimate worry," Bloomberg said during a recent press conference. "But we live in a complex world where you're going to have to have a level of security greater than you did back in the olden days, if you will. And our laws and our interpretation of the Constitution, I think, have to change."

According to a Breitbart.com article, the anti-gun Bloomberg claims that recent attacks on the Second Amendment have left him confident that such re-interpretation is possible.

"The Supreme Court has recognized that you have to have different interpretations of the Second Amendment and what it applies to and reasonable gun laws," Bloomberg said. He employs the tactic of incrementally "lowering the bar" by suggesting that Americans should be willing to give up a degree of freedom in exchange for a degree of security.

"It really says something bad about us that we have to do it. But our obligation first and foremost is to keep our kids safe in the schools; first and foremost, to keep you safe if you go to a sporting event; first and foremost is to keep you safe if you walk down the streets or go into our parks," he said. "We cannot let the terrorists put us in a situation where we can't do those things. And the ways to do that is to provide what we think is an appropriate level of protection."

Bloomberg would do well to remember what Benjamin Franklin had to say on the subject back in 1775: "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
"I ain't no sharpshooter. I usually miss if I ain't got time to take careful aim." Pea Eye Parker-Lonesome Dove

Cap Gunn
NRA Life Member
CFDA Member 2920
Dusty Trail
Seasoned

Re: No Thanks Bloomberg

Post by Dusty Trail » April 28th, 2013, 6:27 am

Anyone who is as much of a "control freak" as this whacko, we knew he wouldn't stop at an attempt to make a law to control how much soda you could drink.
SUPPORT YOUR RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS
JOIN THE NRA

KeystoneGunslingers@gmail.com
CFDA Life Member
Founder & US Marshal: Keystone Gunslingers

Dusty Trail
CFDA # L-2029
DragLeather Darr
Seasoned

Post by DragLeather Darr » May 1st, 2013, 2:52 pm

once again its an attack on the constitution of the United States of America. Once again the FBI dropped the ball, had these idiots on a watch list 2 years ago...and lost them!! Anyone remember how long the FBI had the 911 terrorists on the so called watch list, but lost contact or didnt see a threat...10 years!! If Bloomberg and the rest think that its so aweful here, take your millions and GET! OUT! We the People, will do just fine without you.
Dragleather Darr...I'll drag leather against anyone!
Shane
Seasoned
Sanctioned Club: bluegrass fast draw

Post by Shane » May 1st, 2013, 4:42 pm

I will say amen to that.
Shane
aka James Casteel
CFDA #L1674
Founder/Bluegrass Fast Draw Club LLC
Member:Randolph County Rangers LLC
Life Member NRA
Horse Branch, KY
God Bless The USA
TwoWalks
Seasoned
Sanctioned Club: Sierra Gun Hawks

Post by TwoWalks » May 3rd, 2013, 4:24 pm

Same story was told to these folks as well.

How well did that work out for them.

Billboard Greely Colorado.
TwoWalks - Sierra Gun-Hawks

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED: Fear the man with a hammer.

Return to “The Cowboy Way, Your Rights & The 2nd Amendment”